By: Brandee Salinas
- 1 package crushed Oreos
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 4 (8oz) packages of cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp peppermint extract
- 10 oz melted semi-sweet chocolate
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed peppermint
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix Oreo crumbs with melted butter.
- Press into 9-inch spring form pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a mixer, cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar and cocoa powder until well blended. Mix in 1 egg at a time. Blend in peppermint extract and melted chocolate. Mixture will be thick.
- Pour into baked Oreo Crust. Bake for 60-70 minutes until it starts to pull away from the sides and is cooked through.
- Let cool completely. Run a knife around the edges to remove from the sides of the pan.
- Melt heavy cream and chocolate chips together, stirring until smooth. Pour over cheesecake. Sprinkle with peppermint baking bits.
- Set in fridge for 4-6 hours until chocolate is set, and the cheesecake is cooled.