Written by: Clare Duffus
- 1 cup of vegetable oil (including more for the pan)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons loose Chai tea (about 3 bags)
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly coat 9 x 5 loaf pan with vegetable oil in line with parchment paper leaving overhang on the side.
- Whisk the all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl
- In a separate bowl, vigorously whisk your eggs and sugar for one minute. Your mixer should be pale yellow and frothy. Then add in plain Greek yogurt, tea, cinnamon, vanilla extract. Whisk mixture together until combined.
- Slowly stream in vegetable oil whisking continuously until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Scrape your batter into your prepared pan. Gently tap the pan against the surface to eliminate any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar on top and bake for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake
Recipe inspired by https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/earl-grey-yogurt-cake