Written by Clare Duffus
Serving size: makes 16 energy bites
- 1 ½ cups of Old fashion oats
- ½ cup Agave Nectar (can substitute honey)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (chocolate lovers can add more)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup almond butter (can substitute any nut butter)
- Gather the ingredients: a large mixing bowl, a baking sheet, and a wooden spoon.
- Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces.
- Add the oats, agave nectar, coconut oil, chocolate, dried cranberries, and almond butter to the bowl.
- Mix together by hand until well combined. —about 2 minutes
- Once mixed, take a scoop of the mixture and roll into a ball shape with your hands (spritz your hands with cooking oil spray to keep the mixture from sticking to your hands) and place on a baking sheet. The mixture should make about 16 balls depending on scoop size.
- Place in the freezer until firm. —about 1 hour
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy!