Recipe by Clare Duffus
- ½ cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon loose chai tea
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a standard loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and sour cream, then mix until completely combined and creamy.
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and loose chai tea, and combine.
- In three parts, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing them together.
- To create the topping, in another small bowl, mix the chopped pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Fold in about half the mixture into the batter.
- Add the batter to the loaf pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out crumby.
- Let cool and enjoy!