Written by Sapphire King
These cookie bars will most likely make quite a sweet, flavorful treat to celebrate Easter! However, they’re also perfect for any time throughout the spring. So, you don’t have to be an Easter enthusiast – or wait until mid-April to be in a baking mood and enjoy this easy-to-make cure for any sweet tooth! Now, even though I really love cookies and M&Ms, I haven’t made this recipe myself, but I’d love to try it out, so let’s learn together! Speaking of learning, you might be happy to find out that it takes less than an hour to make these treats, including prepping AND cooking time! This delectable dish was brought to you by Melissa (no last name given) from the website NO. 2 PENCIL. Keep reading for ingredients, steps, and more…
- 2 sticks of butter (or margarine) at room temperature
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of Easter M&Ms (plus more for topping)
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (about 176 degrees C). Line a 9×13 (inches) cake pan with foil, leaving some overhang to make removal easier. Spray foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter/margarine, white sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat. Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Add M&Ms, mini chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips, then give a final stir, reserving some M&Ms, mini chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips for topping cookie bars.
- Transfer cookie dough to prepared baking dish. Press additional M&Ms, mini chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips into top of cookie dough. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until cookie bars are just set, but not overly browned. Do not over bake; cookie bars should be soft in the center. Let cool completely and cut.
To get the most out of this yumminess, there are also a few noteworthy tips (like which baking dish is the best to use) on NO. 2 PENCIL. Here, Melissa has more details including pictures, the number of servings, and even nutrition facts available, but just to make things easier for you, I’m including a couple of those pictures above. I hope you enjoy this sweet treat and your Easter too!
Recipe Link: https://www.number-2-pencil.com/easy-easter-dessert-easter-mms-cookie-bars/.
Categories: Carlow Culture, Food
Leave a Reply