Written by Kenna Hixenbaugh
If you are celebrating anything soon or enjoying a holiday with family and friends, this recipe may be perfect for you to try! This dessert is a new way to incorporate strawberry cheesecake through a lasagna technique written by Sarah Kozowski from Sugar Apron. Lasagna is a baked Italian dish typically consisting of wide strips of pasta and layering meats, vegetables, and cheese throughout the dish. Essentially, this dessert has the same idea but with the necessary ingredients for a cheesecake. Another difference between regular lasagna and dessert lasagna is that the dessert does not need to be baked, however it is chilled. The layers of this dessert start from the bottom with either a graham cracker layer, some kind of creamy layer (this could be whipped cream or pudding but typically cheesecake), the fruit, and the garnish layer.
Recipe from sugarapron.com
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs divided
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 8-ounce containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 16-ounce container fresh strawberries, divided
- Combine 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs and melted butter into a medium bowl. (This is the creation of the base layer).
- Firmly press into a crust in the bottom of 9×13 glass or porcelain dish, let this base layer chill in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the layer is firmed up, grab a large bowl and combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 container of the whipping topping. Stir well to incorporate each ingredient, then spread the mixture evenly over the cooled crust.
- Set aside 5-6 strawberries for the last step of decoration. Wash, hull, and slice remaining strawberries into small pieces. Layer the berries evenly on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with the remaining container of whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours but for better results keep overnight.
- Top with the remaining whole and chopped strawberries and sprinkle graham cracker crumbs before serving.
- *If your strawberries are not sweet enough, add the ¼ cup of sugar and 1 TBsp of lemon juice in a bowl with your sliced strawberries. Mix well, set aside, and do not forget to drain the berries before placing them.
Kozowski, S. (2018, May 14). No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna. Sugar Apron. https://sugarapron.com/2018/05/14/no-bake-strawberry-cheesecake-lasagna/