Submitted by Erika Gregg
Have you ever wanted to eat something that would make you all warm inside? Well, the Stuffed Pepper Soup does the trick. The soup is filled with all types of ingredients that would make your gloomy day happy. If you are a fan of peppers, vegetables, beef, and various other surprises then the Stuffed Pepper Soup is right for you.
“This is an excellent example of how convenience foods can be combined for a tasty entrée. Ready in minutes when I get home from work, this soup becomes part of a balanced meal with a tossed salad, rolls or fruit. For a variation, try chicken, turkey or even venison instead of ground beef.” Tracy Thompson, Carnesville, Pennsylvania.Quote from Taste of Home
Total Time Prep/Total time 30 min. Makes: 8 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, green peppers and onion until meat is no longer pink, crumbling beef; drain. Stir in the pasta sauce, tomato broth and prepared rice; heat through.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups: 238 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 917mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4gfiber), 14g protein.
Recipe from Taste of Home