Jump into Fall with this Scrumptious Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Written by Joelle Swyka
This pumpkin Bundt cake with cream cheese frosting is a go-to recipe for holiday dinners. In fact, this amazing cake will leave your guests thinking you ordered it from a bakery. Little will they know this cake starts with a few simple staples from the pantry including sugar, flower, and a little pinch of love.
Serving size: 12 slices of cake
For the cake:
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (can substitute with pumpkin extract)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15 ounces 100% pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 4-ounce package of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups powder sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
Instructions for cake:
- Preheat oven to 350° F, spray a 10-inch Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside for later use.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and the pumpkin pie spice.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attached, combine the oil and sugar together until smooth, which may take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Switch the mixer to low so that you can add in the eggs one at a time.
- Add in the vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- Gradually pour in the flour mixture to the egg mixture, alternating with the pumpkin, while the mixer is on the lowest speed. Once everything has been combined, you can speed up the mixer until a somewhat thick batter has formed.
- Transfer the cake mixture to the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick or knife that has been inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let stand before loosening the edges. Then flip onto a wire rack or plate to let cool the rest of the way.
- While the cake is cooling, you can start to make the frosting by using a clean mixing bowl or stand mixer.
Instructions for frosting:
- On low, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar until combined.
- Finally, add in the vanilla extract and milk until combined.
I do not use a stand mixer because I do not have one. Thus, I put all the dry ingredients in the bowl first, followed by all the wet ingredients, and then mix away with a wooden spoon until combined. I complete this step once more for the cream cheese frosting, but if you enjoy your frosting a bit thinner, then you can add another splash of milk. Frost and enjoy!
Leave a Reply